Sunday, October 3, 2010

Just like an amusment park ride

One of the major goals while the lift is here is to repair two chimneys. It is not a good sign when you can see daylight through the bricks, or in other words look through one side of the chimney and out the other because the mortar is missing. The hazard becomes the danger of "falling bricks". It is my goal to repair them before that happens. Saturday between sessions of conference I worked on one of the chimneys. Have you ever used an articulating lift? It is like operating an amusement park ride, one with interesting thrills, especially when there are 10-15 mph wind gusts. It's a weird sensation to feel what you believe to be a stable platform move under you feet. Here are the captured pictures of me, somewhere around 45 feet in the air, repairing bricks. (Photos courtesy of Chris)

Trust me, I'm up there! Anyway, I finshed the chimney that Brother Miller started...

and now I have one left. (Notice the holes, it's worse than it looks).

Oh the joys of restoration!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

All the thrills without the carnies! Hope you're able to get everything done before the bad weather sets in. as Elena would say: "be cah-fool"

christianne said...

Much thanks to Elena. :~>

cjmom said...

Wow, that looked a bit scary!