Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friends in high places

A friend stopped by the other day and made a comment about "friends in high places". I thought I would let you see what it was like to be a friend in high places.

Those dark marks on the roof are the holes I had to patch because of the 2x4's I screwed to the roof to make a ladder so I could get to the chimney. The lift wouldn't reach this one. Next time I think I will use a safety line; I can tell you that it's a weird feeling to be walking at such a steep pitch without a safety line. Notice that the chimney on the left has not been capped. I believe that this has contributed to the bats getting into the house, however I can't reach the top of the chimney with the lift so capping the chimney will have to wait for another day. I'm grateful for our cat who helps with the bats!

Have you ever wondered how the world looks to a bird? Here's a bird's eye view:


Now riddle me this, Batman. How can a bird in flight at a high altitude manage to hit such a small target? Ah, now that's the million dollar question.

No comments: