Sunday, May 20, 2012

The leaning barn of Pisa (well, Hall Manor)

The old barn that was leaning and threatening to come down is now a basement barn. This is what it looked like two days ago...actually it was leaning more than this.

Saturday I removed the remaining siding and then stood back to watch the results.

After a few creaks and squeaks the barn came down without any effort on my part. The multicolored thingy in the middle is a metal kitchen sink that we removed from the house when we renovated the kitchen. I opened the barn doors prior to removing the siding so that the barn would not crush the sink...and yes, it worked!

It was great fun watching the whole event unfold. Wished I had captured it on video.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

that is the raddest looking sink I have ever seen.

B said...

I hated moving that sink. It was a beast!