Friday, May 25, 2012

And then there were none...

The last column is up and in place. It all started Tuesday morning around 8 am with me putting up temporary supports for the corner of the porch roof...
 
Then around 9 am Chris and Danny came over to help me remove the granite lintel from the corner bricks and to place other lintels on the porch for future use...
 

Then the brick removal process began...
 

 

 

 

After several hours the final column was put in place. I finished at 6 pm - so it all took around 10 hours from start to finish...

All 10 columns are now in place. I still need to do some finish work on the front porch columns but there are no columns left in storage.

4 comments:

christianne said...

WU-HOOOOO!

JC said...

I noticed that sadly, you don't get many comments on your blog. I went through a bunch of your old posts last weekend, and you guys have done some AMAZING work on this place. Keep it up!

Celeste said...

looks awesome!

Am-I-Nuts said...

Thanks to my wife (Christianne) for the pictures. And thank you JC and Celeste for the posts of encouragement.