Sunday, November 21, 2010

Some of our accomplishments

We tried to get most of the high work done while the lift was here. In addition to fixing the chimneys (mentioned in an earlier post) and taking down two massive trees (also mentioned in an earlier post); we painted the cedar shakes and repaired and painted trim work. So here are the before and after pictures:

Front of house (before).......................(after)


East side (before)..............................(after) (notice that the bay window has been painted as well)


and portions of the east dormer needed to be rebuilt (picture of the rebuilt dormer).


I'm grateful for lifts!
(My sincerest appreciation to my beautiful wife for her insight, talent and help; and my thanks to Dean Machinery for the rental of the lift.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!... Every old house should be as lucky to have an owner like you.

Am-I-Nuts said...

Thank you. I have been to your blog and I am very impressed with what you have done for your house. I really like the stained glass curved windows that you created. We have curved windows that need to be replaced but I don't have the talent to do that, so I will have to find someone to do the work when our budget permits.

Anonymous said...

The single largest cost in the project was the lead. For some reason, the price of lead is connected to the price of gold. Since gold continues to go up, the cost of leaded glass projects goes up as well. If you are interested some day, look me up; I'm only 4 hours away...

Am-I-Nuts said...

I think a lot of things are attached to the price of gold, including lumber, etc. Thank you for the offer to look you up, I would like to visit. However, as for 4 hours away, you're not thinking of NJ are you, we live in the midwest.

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how much you have done since the last time I visited your blog. I went back and looked at page after page after page reading the blog and looking at the pictures. How extraordinary! We've already had some real snow here (did you know I'm in Utah?) How about there? I know you usually have pretty harsh winters. Do you have an ETA for completion yet?

Pamela Infranca said...

Bravo! Your restoration of this beautiful, historic property brings a smile to my face each time I drive by!

real application said...

love old home...