Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trees are not always a good thing...

especially when they are growing close to one or two houses. Oh, and are hollow also. So Brother Miller started to cut down the old Maple tree, I acting as ground crew. I'm glad he has had years of experience with tree cutting because one slip could have been disastrous. So without any further ado here are the action shots:















Afterwards I ventured up the lift to inspect the chimney. Oh great, now I need to tuck point the chimney. 118 years of weather has washed out most of the mortar, so you can see what I mean by "so much to do and so little time". Better to take care of it now before bricks start falling.

By this was really cool. A honey bee hive up close. I'll have to take pictures when they are more active.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I always get nervous when the boys start cutting down trees......glad you had a helper :) let me know how the bee thing goes!