Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oh where oh where has my sheetrock gone?

Is there ever an end to sheetrock work? Someone asked me how many sheets I think I have used so far. That would have been a great tally to maintain, but I didn't. Sooooo, I have tried to figure out how many sheets. I had two loads of 100 sheets per load delivered and have transported by truck around 63 sheets that I can remember, so at least the tally would be 260 eight foot sheets and 3 ten foot sheets. I'm sure the count is higher, but the more important question is where did it all go? We still have sheetrock to purchase and hang. It seems that it disappears in a blackhole of some sort. There's a Hollywood theme for a "B" rated movie, The Invasion of the Blackhole that eats sheetrock.

Anyway, we have started to do some of the work in the parlor. Ah yes the parlor, the last room on the first floor that had no work done in it. The ceiling is hung and two of the walls have sheetrock. I will have to do some work on the interior bricks before we can hang sheetrock on the remaining two wall. Argh, more brick work!


We have also started to work on the alcove off the tower chamber. Remember the tower chamber? It was our second bedroom. (You can look through past posts for the tower chamber.) The alcove, which I referred to as a small sitting room will soon be the location of a queen size sleigh bed. Why use the alcove instead of the tower chamber for the location of the bed? Because of $$$'s. Okay, I'm sure that answer made absolutely no sense, so I will explain. It is a smaller room, easier to heat and cool. Today everthing is about $$$'s, and the more we spend on heating/cooling the less we have for other things. So as winter sets in this will more than likely become the winter bedroom, with the tower chamber being a nice place to site and relax.

No comments: