Sunday, October 25, 2009

Close, but not completed

Have you ever felt like you were part of a Neverending Story? I have. Everyday it seems the same, get up; eat; work; eat; go to bed; and then start all over again the next day. Okay, maybe my life is the restoration version of Groundhog Day! I'm grateful to friends who when they visit comment on how much we have accomplished. To us it seems like baby steps, yet they think that we have made giant strides.
So lately we have spent some time on trying to finish the drawing room. Oh what will we do if we actually finish one room, 100% complete! I would be shocked and amazed (pronounced shock-ed and amaz-ed). Here is what we have completed so far:


Some minor trimwork is left on the panels and then I need to put a second coat of paint on the beams of the coffered ceiling. Chris also made window drapes for the drawing room. They are made out of "warm windows". That is a type of fabric, not windows that we found that are warm.
I am grateful for my talented wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is good,
I like you!

Unknown said...

Chris...You do amazing work!! VERY talented...I know it will all look very GRAND when you are finished...((I know you're probably saying, "Will we EVER finish")) Can't wait for more blogs, and pictures...again...Thank you both for saving this beautiful treasure!