Sunday, August 22, 2010

Work on the front porch

I've noticed that it has been some time since my last post, in fact almost 2 months. Why you may ask? We have been visiting our children and grandchildren in Utah and Georgia. But we are home now and work has resumed. So what's on the agenda...repair of the front porch for sure. Elder Chidester, Elder Parkinson and I took down the granite caps and bricks that served as the porch railing.

(Men at work photos:)
Who needs the gym when you have 250+ pound granite caps to haul around. As of now everything is taken down ready for the columns to be put up. We also worked on the upstairs bathroom. The ceiling wallpaper is up and we will start on the walls soon.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I live in north Florida (Jacksonville) and I see you were inspired by Fernandina Beach and Savannah, two of my favorite local (relatively) places. You have a great house to work with. Its a long haul but its worth it. My advice: do labor (i.e stripping, etc.,) when you have no money buy materials when you have money. Also, don't be cheap or take shortcuts. You will regret doing so later.