Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to the west wall

While Lester and Joseph worked on the chimney, I worked on the west wall. We decided to frame out the wall to save some money. Lester and Joseph took down and put the chimney back up in two days. It took me three days to frame out only a portion of the lower wall. However, I did have to compensate for the outer layer of bricks that are nonexistent at this time.

Every wonder what ten tons of washed mason's sand looks like? Here it is.



Guess who will be helping to clean the bricks? Chris would be a good guess. Although the rest of us helped, including Mark our neighbor.


Before you say anything about the framing, the gaps are there to allow for bricks that need to be replaced and the window that is in need of major help.


This is a view of the inside of the wall. I needed to frame a wall that can support the weight of the window, two lintels, upper floor joists and who know what else. (I may have done overkill though).

No comments: