Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dilemma

I have pondered over and over as to how to fix the stairs on the side porch. There is at least a two inch drop from the right side to the left. My first thought was that I would have to remove the bricks. This would require a lot of energy, and the bricks would most like be damaged in the process.

So I started thinking, what if I just poured concrete on each stair in such a way as to level them. Then I realized that that would look tacky and most likely would not work. So my next thought was, just leave it the way it is. Yes, that's a good idea, concluding that if anyone said anything about the stairs not being level I would just tell them that they must have a balance problem. Yes, make it their problem by suggesting that they should have a medical checkup.

Finally I returned back to my first thought, just remove the bricks. I experimented with the bottom step and just as I thought, it was a lot of work and the bricks did get damaged. I then used undamaged bricks to relay the bottom stairs. Not finished yet, but will work on the stairs over the summer.

(I didn't have any yellow police line tape so I am using a curtain rod to let people know that they should not use the stairs - as if someone couldn't already figure that out just by looking at the stairs)

No comments: