Friday, February 22, 2008

Destruction time

Okay, the temperature was -7 degrees on Wednesday the 19th, the day we traveled home. However, we did get some construction (or destruction) work done while in Trenton. See, I can prove it, I'm ready to start. Actually I had already started. (Just so you know, we do not have action pictures of the plaster falling on my head).


Oh, by the way, if you need to insulate I would suggest straw or hay, that's what I found when I took down the lathe in the bay window area. We thought it might have been a nest. For as much straw as there was, it would have been a Condor's nest.


The house had it's revenge, We had to clean up the mess.


I purchased a wheel-barrow from Lowe's in Chillicothe (20 miles south of Trenton). Since the assembled one would not fit in the Toyota Matrix that we rented, I purchased a disassembled one. The clerk at Lowe's gave me the wrong handles, so when I attempted to put it together the holes did not match. Steve of Ishmael Construction to the rescue. With new holes drilled all was well, Not! Some of the carriage bolts were too short. A quick trip to the local hardware store solved the problem. To avoid any further issues, I purchased extra-long bolts. Then on with the cleanup. Many thanks to Chris and Camille for their help with the debris hauling.

Chris and Camille had the tedious task of removing the baseboard.


6 comments:

Celeste said...

Hey you're a pretty funny guy! I'm still laughing...Condor's nest...ha!

I'm impressed that you guys didn't come back with pneumonia... or tetanus... or rabies! (Camille told me about the bat count on the wall.)

cjmom said...

glad you are able to get some of this done before you move in!

Am-I-Nuts said...

Yes, according to the tally on the parlor wall there were 54 bats.

Anonymous said...

yikes!! So I wonder where these little batties will make their new home now that you've busted theirs!
Have you tried the "pig-nose" face masks? They cost quite a bit more but you can wear them for a much longer time with a lot easier breathing.

Am-I-Nuts said...

No I haven't tried the pig-nosed masks. I believe Pork Belly futures are up on the stock market.

christianne said...

WE didn't nab the bats. The previous owners were the victors. We only saw their tally on one of the walls. We can not take credit. One of the previous owners is Sandy. She has gone on this site and is watching the progress of the house. She worked very hard in it and loves it. It's an awesome house.