Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The story of the birds and the bats

Okay, what's up with the wildlife here. A friend told us that we would have "Missouri Moments" living with the wildlife, and so we have. When we got back from our short trip, late Monday evening around sevenish, I opened the basement door and to my surprise, I discovered a bat flying around in the basement. It managed to escape. (As of today I still don't know where it is hiding). Then we replaced a window in the tower bedroom, which meant that I removed the window and the casing. Chris was vacuuming out the mortar and rotten wood when she found what appeared to be a small piece of wood. So, she tried to vacuum up the wood until she noticed that it had a face and started to move, yes it was a bat. A few days later I discovered a bird flying around in the attic tower. I thought that the birds and bats were supposed to leave for the winter. However, they seem to like our house, as well as the flies and Asian beetles (which we thought were ladybugs).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was totally okay with this story up until the part about Chris vacuuming up the piece of wood and discovered it had a face..my stomach feels ..yech! Great story.